Friday, July 3, 2009

Are you talking to me? #2

Petal’s grandma rang to say she was returning the lovely message from her granddaughter. I had no idea any call had been made.

You see, Petal has a memory like steel trap and she has memorised her grandmother’s phone number. All eight digits.

In between colouring-in, watching SpongeBob or playing with Barbie, she has taken to making secret phone calls to her grandma.

The messages my mother returns to hear go like this:

Hi Gangi…

Yes, I’m fine…

I told you, I’m fine…

Okay, I’d better go now…

Bye-bye, love you…

CIick.

Or sometimes it’s:

Hi Gangi…

Yes, I’m fine…

I’m never having a boyfriend ever again…

Bye-bye, love you…

Click.

It’s seems Petal is using her grandma’s answering service as a (self) help-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment