Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Liar, liar

This morning she asks me, "Am I going to preschool today?"

"Yes, you are." I thought she already knew this.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious."

She's taking quite a bit of convincing.

"Are you joking?"

"No, I'm not joking."

Is this a joke?

"Mummy, have you been drunking?"

Drunking! This must be her truncated way of asking if I’ve been drinking so much that I'm drunk - and now I'm making up stories about her going to preschool.

"Darling, Mummy is rarely 'drunking' and especially not at 8am when I've just got out of the shower!"

But I do like this new word: drunking. In just one word it so neatly explains drinking to the point of being drunk.

I'm going to use it. It could take off.

"I'm so hangover because I was drunking last night"... "It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been drunking"... "Let's go out drunking this weekend"...

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the drunking, but did you find out why she was so confused/insistent about preschool? Crazy gal.

    ReplyDelete