Friday, June 4, 2010

Hairy subject


While visiting my mother, Petal drew a picture of her. When Petal showed us her artistic work, my mum and I were a little perplexed by the strange lines Petal had drawn on my mum’s face.


“What are those lines?” I asked.

“They are Gangi’s whiskers”, she replied.

There was an awkward silence while I discreetly checked my mother’s upper-lip for any stray hairs and Petal’s red-faced grandma muttered something about investing in some Veet…

“Gangi’s doesn’t have whiskers,” I assured Petal.

Petal peered long and hard at Gangi’s face.

“Yes, she does,” she nodded. “Look at those lines around her eyes”.

“Ah, her wrinkles!” I exclaimed, turning to my mum and gleefully explaining, “See, you haven’t got whiskers, just lots of wrinkles!”

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment