Friday, May 22, 2009

Even the faintest pen...

... is more reliable than the most retentive memory.

If Confucius was around today, I'm sure he'd happily swap 'faintest pen' for 'stickiest keyboard'.

I'm writing this blog because every day my four-year-old says something that I think is hilarious. I laugh so hard that I'm sure I'll never forget those words. But come the following week, I haven't got a clue what had me doubled-over.

My 14-year-old nephew is always asking me to remind him of the funny things he said as a little one. I can only remember two things:

1. When served up a delicious pasta meal (which he recalls as consisting of bacon and peanuts. They were pinenuts), he looked up and said, "That's gourmet cooking for ya!". He was three. Years later we discovered it was a line from Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory.

2. He would pronounce 'vomit' as 'bonnet'.

These are the two 'gems' I can recall from his days filled with funny little quips.

I'm not going to allow my daughter's comic genius to be lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment